Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In Honor of the Interred...

This blog has been created in order to pay respects to the nearly 60,000,000 people who have been murdered prior to birth. Ever since the abortion decision of Roe vs. Wade, nearly 3,300 children have been killed each day before even being named. That's right, the most basic of human concepts, the right to be identified as an unique individual, was denied them. Most had not developed to the point that their gender could be determined, and even for those that did, they were not given names. Both the people who had them killed and the people who did the killing did not see the point in ever acknowledging their being as a specific gender-based individual, or most importantly, their right to a name. Not only that, they weren't even given a burial. While I cannot fight for justice physically, I can give these murdered unborn something they all deserve: a name and place to be buried. Here, in cyberspace, I can give them a graveyard where anyone can pay their respects, where the entire world can acknowledge them as human beings who deserved better. I know that in heaven they live a painless and glorious existence, where God values them as people, even though we didn't. Up there, they live, looking down on those that murdered them, and still they love them, even though they never had a chance to say it. I commit to maintaining this grave site as long as I can, by adding those who die every day and cataloging all those who died up to the 40th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. I feel like a parent in that I am naming 60,000,000 children, and it makes me love them all even more. By this isn't just about love, it is about justice and vengeance. That's right, vengeance. Those who murdered these children tried to stop them from being, tried to deny their existence as a human being and a soul. They tried to make them go away. In this, I am not so much naming them as I am giving them a voice to speak their names. Here, in this place, 60,000,000+ voices speak, saying, "I am...and I exist. We will not go away."

No comments:

Post a Comment